5 Ways to Eat Healthy in a Hurry
We all have those days when the cupboard is bare, the imagination is low and hunger pangs are soaring. Usually it’s the same day you have little time to prepare anything that tastes good and is still healthy for yourself or your family. Here are a few ideas for simple snacks made with pantry staples you may already have on hand.
1. Sprinkle Kretschmer Wheat Germ into homemade or packaged trail mix.
2. Bake batches of muffins, freeze them and bring one or two with you on the road. (see our great muffin recipe HERE )
3. Opt for a low-sugar, high-fiber cereal and sprinkle with wheat germ and blueberries.
4. Slice apples and top with a thin smear of peanut butter and sprinkle of wheat germ.
5. Stir a tablespoon of wheat germ into your favorite flavor of Greek yogurt. Or blend your own yogurt using plain Greek yogurt mixed with honey or pure fruit preserves and wheat germ to taste.
Have any quick and delicious snacks you’ve created and now can’t live without? Share them with us—we’d love to know.